Parent Involvement Policy
The Parent Involvement Policy of Lukachukai Community Board of Education, Inc. includes:
1. Parents be involved jointly with the school in development of the School Improvement Plan and Parent Invovement Policy.
2. Assist in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
3. Provide Input and suggestion for professional development for staff and parents.
4.Assist in promoting a safe and drug-free school.
5.Support school activitites such as Open House, Parent Teacher Conference, and Parent Meetings, etc.
6. Assist in writing of improvement plans as a result of monitoring school improvement status and other amendments to Native Star or section 1114.
7. Have input with the development of a school - Parent compact outlining how the school, Parents and child will share the responsibilty to increase student achievement.
8. Attend Parent- Teacher Conference to be involved in the discussion of the compact, reports of thier child/children's learning progress, and opportunities to volunteer, participate in or observe their children's classes.
9. Awareness and understanding of the new Common Core Standards and assessments.
10. Be knowledgeable in monitoring their child's progress and how to work with educators to improve thier children's achievement
11. Contribute to and work as equal partners with the school.
12. Assist in coordinating and integreating parent involvement activities such as transition of Headstart Kids, Parents As Teachers (BabyFACE program), Home Instruction program for preschool youngsters, and State-run preschool Programs.
13. Assist in the development of budget planning of 1% of Title I for parental involvement expenditure.
14. Attend annual parent meeting, to which all parents of participating children are invited and encouraged to attend.
15. Be Knowledable of the bus, fire, and disaster safety evacuation drills.
Quality learning occurs when there is a combination of effort, interest, motivation, and collaboration. we are commited to Lukachukai Community School student' successful achievement and will facilitate thier learning to the best of our ability.
Six Types of Parent Involvement
Parental involvement may take place either in the classroom or during extracurricular activities. However, the Lukachukai Community School LCBE, Inc. also encourages parental involvement at home (e.g., planned home reading time, informal learning activities, and/or homework contracts between teachers parents and children).
The six types of involvement are:
- Parenting: Help all families establish home environments to support children as students.
- Communicating: Design effective forms of school-to-home and home-to-school communications about school programs and childrens progress.
- Volunteering: Recruit and organize parent help and support.
- Learning at Home: Provide information and ideas to families about how to help students at home with homework and other curriculum-related activities, decisions and planning.
- Decision-Making: Include parents in school decisions, develop parent leaders and representatives.
- Collaborating with Community: Identify and integrate resources and services from the community to strengthen school programs, family practices and student learning and development.